How much is door to door leaflet delivery? Is the most common question that our clients ask us. They continue, “but this is more than I thought” or…”other people, did quote me less, much less that I hear from you”…
Our clients are serious businesses, be it small or large, their investment in Local Advertising, matters a lot to them, in all fairness; this leaves us in a position trying to explain the difference between us and “others” that in appearance seems like we are doing the same thing: leaflet Distribution.
Either at the beginning or the end of our explanation we have to remind them of the old adage along the lines of “you get what you pay for” and also the importance of advertising for their business, done in a professional and trusted way, rather than by anyone who can give you a simple and unrealistic quote.
Given the recession and harsh economical conditions, our prices have gone down recently, across the industry. While once we used to charge £45-50 per-000 fliers in door-to-door distribution in Inner London, now we charge £40—per-000 fliers. Can we go any lower? Not really, other-ways it will affect the quality of work.
To get an idea how distribution is done you must know that this is hard, physical work, where “boots on the ground” count. The distribution operatives need to be paid a fair amount for their working hours, otherwise the incentive to do this job and do it well, simply isn’t there.
· * You should expect us to send there qualified and trained staff, not just any guy who shows up for work today and give him fliers…This ensures that our operatives have training. They need to be paid fairly.
· *They work at set times, supervised and in uniforms.
· * Logistics, maps, live checks and/or back-checks, incur costs to us; this is the purpose of the client coming to us, the specialists in distribution fields. You relay on us do do a good job, or you will hire 1 or 2 or 4 people and tell them: “here deliver this X amount of fliers for me”
· * Transport, offices, storage, maps, tracking, end of work report and supervision also costs money.
· * Dealing with inquiries, logistics, invoices, calls and emails, cost money and time for us. Costs of running a business are the same for us, as they are for you.
If the costs don’t ad up then you that the “guy or the people who quoted you £25per 000 fliers in Solus distribution in inner London –worse is outer parts of a rarer housing density- is not that well prepared to do this in the proper way.