Being an online and offline marketer there are certain parallels that work online and well as offline.
For example, the most important part of a link bait would be the headline or the hook.
Use a good headline or eye candy to draw readers or your marketing materials. I’m not going to bore you with how to write a good headline as its all over the web, rather show how you can use the link baiting techniques to get your clients interested in you marketing campaigns.
The headline or the hook
The Copyblogger’s cheat sheet works just as well offline in your advertising copy
Here is a Quick Way to save money on your heating
1. Who Else Wants [blank]?
2. The Secret of [blank]
3. Here is a Method That is Helping [blank] to [blank]
4. Little Known Ways to [blank]
5. Get Rid of [problem] Once and For All
6. Here’s a Quick Way to [solve a problem]
7. Now You Can Have [something desirable] [great circumstance]
8. [Do something] like [world-class example]
9. Have a [or] Build a [blank] You Can Be Proud Of
10. What Everybody Ought to Know About [blank]
The Eye candy
A picture is worth a 1000 words right, why not use this to your advantage. Never be afraid to use images or pictures on your materials, Use Humour or Puzzles, they can boost the response tremendously. When you are buying a car online or looking for a new flat, you would normally click the post with an image first don’t you?
Make your material useful. How does this work?
When you print your materials add a calendar, an astrological Chart, a game.
On the back of your material list all some local telephone numbers that are hard to fine.
Or this years must see event, maybe city tours of famous artist
Be creative with your print materials and don’t be afraid to experiment.